> On 22 Jul 2020, at 13:05, Yedidyah Bar David <d...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 12:50 PM Andrei Verovski <andre...@starlett.lv> wrote:
>>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I have installed new oVirt 4.4 Engine (as separate entity, not hosted
>> engine) and migrated data from old 4.3 installation.
>> Everything went smooth.
>
> Can you please clarify exactly what you did? Did you use engine-backup
> backup/restore?

Yes, ovirt built-in backup/restore

engine-backup --mode=restore --log=restore1.log
--file=ovirt-engine-backup-20200721122423.backup --provision-db
--provision-dwh-db --no-restore-permissions

>> Q: Which PostgreSQL password now active - new one I entered during install
>> or old which could migrate with old data?
>
> I do not think you should have been prompted for a password during
> install, unless you refer to Grafana's admin. Please clarify.
>
> Perhaps you used a remote database?

Database local, not remote.
I had a prompt for postgresql password during install.

oVirt Engine 4.4 fresh install on CentOS 8.2 appliance, with these command,
instruction from official web site, then restore from backup (snippet above)

yum install https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release44.rpm
yum module -y enable javapackages-tools
yum module -y enable pki-deps
yum module -y enable postgresql:12
yum install postgresql-server postgresql-contrib
postgresql-setup --initdb
systemctl enable postgresql; systemctl start postgresql

su - postgres -c psql
create role engine with login encrypted password ‘my password';
create role ovirt_engine_history with login encrypted password 'my password';

create database engine owner engine template template0 encoding 'UTF8'
lc_collate 'en_US.UTF-8' lc_ctype 'en_US.UTF-8';
create database ovirt_engine_history owner ovirt_engine_history template
template0 encoding 'UTF8' lc_collate 'en_US.UTF-8' lc_ctype 'en_US.UTF-8';

\c engine
CREATE EXTENSION "uuid-ossp";
CREATE LANGUAGE plpgsql;

\c ovirt_engine_history