From: Nardus Geldenhuys <nard...@gmail.com>
Sent: 28 July 2020 11:22
To: users@ovirt.org <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: [ovirt-users] affinity/pool/fencing ?

Caution External Mail: Do not click any links or open any attachments unless
you trust the sender and know that the content is safe.

Hi oVirt land

Hope you are well. Don't even know what to call this. But let me describe what
I want to achieve.

We have a cluster with say 100 vm's. But we want two use two hosts in the
cluster two run only certain VM's. I think you can do that with affinity rules.
But how can I restrict those two hosts to only run the VM's, meaning that no
other VM's will run on them.

I don't want to go and edit the 100 other VM's to not run on 2 hosts. Is there
an easy way for doing this?

Oracle VM uses pools, I dont know what vmware uses.

Any advice will help.

Regards

Nar
To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/email/