Hi all!

I am going though an upgrade from ovirt 4.2 (4.2.8.2-1.el7) to 4.3 for a
two node cluster with self hosted engine. I have done previously upgrades
from 4.1 to 4.2 successfully with minor issues which where fixed.

I wanted to confirm with you, in case I am missing anything that may have
changed in the mean time, on the steps for minor and major upgrade:

*# Ovirt procedure for minor upgrade: (4.x.y -> 4.x.z)*
• enable global maintenance mode
• at engine: engine-upgrade-check
• at engine: yum update "ovirt-*-setup*"
• at engine: engine-setup
• at engine: yum update
• at each host from GUI: host -> installation -> upgrade
• at each host: yum update, reboot, activate

*# Ovirt procedure for major upgrade (4.x -> 4.y)*
• update DC to latest minor version (engine + nodes)
• enable global maintenance
• at engine: install major version repo: yum install
https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release4x.rpm
• at engine: engine-upgrade-check
• at engine:  yum update "ovirt-*-setup*"
• at engine: engine-setup
• at engine: remove the old ovirt release from /etc/yum.repos.d
• at engine: yum update
• after completion of engine upgrade disable global maintenance
• verify engine version
• update each host/node: update to minor, then install new repo, remove old
repo, yum update, reboot, activate
• after completion of updates: set DC and cluster compatibility level to
latest version 4.x.
• shutdown guest VMs and confirm they start up again. (you may need to
disable guest disk leases or re-activate guest disks)
• check events for any issues and fix accordingly

Am I missing anything? I am planning the upgrade hoping to have no issues
since the cluster is hosting production VMs.

Thanx for any feedback!
Alex