On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 5:43 PM Gillingham, Eric J (US 393D) via Users
<users@ovirt.org> wrote:

> On 9/4/20, 4:50 AM, "Vojtech Juranek" <vjura...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>     On čtvrtek 3. září 2020 22:49:17 CEST Gillingham, Eric J (US 393D) via
> Users
>     wrote:
>     > I recently removed a host from my cluster to upgrade it to 4.4, after I
>     > removed the host from the datacenter VMs started to pause on the second
>     > system they all migrated to. Investigating via the engine showed the
>     > storage domain was showing as "unknown", when I try to activate it via
> the
>     > engine it cycles to locked then to unknown again.
>
>     > /var/log/sanlock.log contains a repeating:
>     > add_lockspace
>     >
> e1270474-108c-4cae-83d6-51698cffebbf:1:/dev/e1270474-108c-4cae-83d6-51698cf
>     > febbf/ids:0 conflicts with name of list1 s1
>     >
> e1270474-108c-4cae-83d6-51698cffebbf:3:/dev/e1270474-108c-4cae-83d6-51698cf
>     > febbf/ids:0

David, what does this message mean?

It is clear that there is a conflict, but not clear what is the
conflicting item. The host id in the
request is 1, and in the conflicting item, 3. No conflicting data is
displayed in the error message.

>     how do you remove the fist host, did you put it into maintenance first? I
>     wonder, how this situation (two lockspaces with conflicting names) can
> occur.
>
>     You can try to re-initialize the lockspace directly using sanlock command
> (see
>     man sanlock), but it would be good to understand the situation first.
>

> Just as you said, put into maintenance mode, shut it down, removed it via the
> engine UI.

Eric, it is possible that you shutdown the host too quickly, before it actually
disconnected from the lockspace?

When engine move a host to maintenance, it does not wait until the host actually
move into maintenance. This is actually a bug, so it would be good idea to file
a bug about this.

Nir