On 9/4/20, 2:26 PM, "Nir Soffer" <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
    On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 5:43 PM Gillingham, Eric J (US 393D) via Users
    <users@ovirt.org> wrote:

    > On 9/4/20, 4:50 AM, "Vojtech Juranek" <vjura...@redhat.com> wrote:
    >
    >     On čtvrtek 3. září 2020 22:49:17 CEST Gillingham, Eric J (US 393D)
via Users
    >     wrote:
    >
    >     how do you remove the fist host, did you put it into maintenance
first? I
    >     wonder, how this situation (two lockspaces with conflicting names)
can occur.

    >     You can try to re-initialize the lockspace directly using sanlock
command (see
    >     man sanlock), but it would be good to understand the situation first.
    >

    > Just as you said, put into maintenance mode, shut it down, removed it via
the engine UI.

    Eric, it is possible that you shutdown the host too quickly, before it
actually
    disconnected from the lockspace?

    When engine move a host to maintenance, it does not wait until the host
actually
    move into maintenance. This is actually a bug, so it would be good idea to
file
    a bug about this.

That is a possibility, from the UI view it usually takes a bit for the host to
show is in maintenance, so I assumed it was an accurate representation of the
state. Unfortunately all hosts have since been completely wiped and
re-installed, this issue  brought down the entire cluster for over a day so I
needed to get everything up again ASAP.

I did not archive/backup the sanlock logs beforehand, so I can't check for the
sanlock events David mentioned. When I cleared the sanlock there were no s or r
entries listed in sanlock client status, and there were no other running hosts
to obtain other locks, but I don’t fully grok sanlock if there was maybe some
lock that existed only on the iscsi space separate from any current or past
hosts.