Just to give an update,
iSCSI has been running stably for the past 1+ months. I could only get a stable
multipath when I create two multipaths, one for network 172.27.0.x and one for
172.27.1.x, with their respective targets (2 per network).
The previous approach of a single multipath with all the networks and all
targets was not working, and I could understand why from the logs. or even from
the command line of a host.

Not sure what the recommended approach really is, and could not find much in
the internet about it. If someone has any information or guide to enlighten us
as to how multipath should be configured and what are the different options I
would appreciate it.