HI,

On Wed, September 30, 2020 3:50 pm, Jeremey Wise wrote:
> As the three servers are Centos8 minimal installs. + oVirt HCI wizard to
> keep them lean and mean... a couple questions

Note that you run this on the Engine VM, not on a host.

> 1) which version of python would I need for this (note in script about
> python 2 but isn't that deprecated?)
> [root@thor /]# yum install python
> Last metadata expiration check: 2:29:38 ago on Wed 30 Sep 2020 01:18:32 PM
> EDT.
> No match for argument: python
> There are following alternatives for "python": python2, python36, python38
> Error: Unable to find a match: python

I am still running 4.3, so "python" is 2.7.
I have not tested with python3..

> 2)  When you have three nodes.. one is set to host the ovirt-engine
> active,
> and another as backup.  If this is added to rc.local.   Of the two nodes
> hosting HA for oVirt-engine.. node which boots first will host (or so it
> seems). I think if I add this to both those hosts .. it will not create
> issues.  Any thoughts?

Don't run it on a host, run it from within the Engine VM.

The host(s) will figure out by themselves that they need to start the
engine if one isn't running.  Then when the engine starts the script will
run and start the VMs.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com