Hello,

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 12:45 PM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> In the WebUI, I see all 3 hosts marked as "up".
> But when I run hosted-engine --vm-status (or migrate the hosted engine),
> only the first (original deployed) host is available.
> I tried "reinstalling" (from the WebUI) the two hosts, no errors, no
> change.
> I tried upgrading the cluster again, host 2 / 3 (the "missing" hosts)
> upgrade is successful; hosts1 fails (cannot migrate the hosted engine).
>

> Start debugging from the hosts that are not seen via "hosted-engine
> --vm-status".
> There are 2 log files to check:
> /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/{broker,agent}.log
>
> Just check what they are complaining about.
> Also , you need both ovirt-ha-broker.service and ovirt-ha-agent.service up
> and running. If there is an issue, the ovirt-ha-agent is being restarted
> (so it's expected behaviour).
>
> Usually the broker should stop complaining and then the agent will kick in.
>

> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

I "forked" this email into a new subject ("Manually deploying a
hyperconverged setup with an existing gluster bricks")
But nevertheless, no idea if its intended or not, but it seems that adding
a host via "host->computer->create" doesn't create the necessary
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf configuration on the new hosts,
preventing ovirt-ha-* services from starting.

Thanks,
Gilboa