All,

After a power failure, and generator failure I lost my cluster, and the Hosted
engine refused to restart after power was restored. I would expect, once
storage comes up that the hosted engine comes back online without too much of a
fight. In practice because the SPM went down as well, there is no (clearly
documented) way to clear any of the stale locks, and no way to recover both the
hosted engine and the cluster.

I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get a functional hosted-engine back
online, on a new node and each attempt hits a new error, from the installer not
understanding that 16384mb of dedicated VM memory out of 192GB free on the host
is indeed bigger than 4096MB, to ansible dying  on an error like this "Error
while executing action: Cannot add Storage Connection. Storage connection
already exists."

The memory error referenced above shows up as:
[ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Available
memory ( {'failed': False, 'changed': False, 'ansible_facts': {u'max_mem':
u'180746'}}MB ) is less then the minimal requirement (4096MB). Be aware that
512MB is reserved for the host and cannot be allocated to the engine VM."}

That is what I typically get when I try the steps outlined in the KB "CHAPTER
7. RECOVERING A SELF-HOSTED ENGINE FROM AN EXISTING BACKUP" from the RH
Customer portal. I have tried this numerous ways, and the cluster still remains
in a bad state, with the hosted engine being 100% inoperable.

What I do have are the two host that are part of the cluster and can host the
engine, and backups of the original hosted engine, both disk and engine-backup
generated. I am not sure what I can do next, to recover this cluster, any
suggestions would be apricated.

Regards,
Seann