On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 11:19 AM Giulio Casella <giu...@di.unimi.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having (another) issue working with snapshots.
>
> Since a few days my backup system (storware vprotect) cannot delete a
> snapshot. Message reported by SPM is:
>
> HSMGetAllTasksStatusesVDS failed: value=Volume does not exist:
> ('6180c2e8-141a-4126-bcb1-5af5caa98175',) abortedcode=201
>
> Other snapshots from other VMs are working fine (created and deleted as
> needed).
>
> I verified it, I can reach on SPM filesystem other snapshots from the
> same VM, but that one doesn't exist.
>
> I suspect that during normal backup management that snapshot has been
> correctly removed from file system, but still live in ovirt database.
>
> I'm pretty sure vProtect use ovirt API to operate, it doesn't directly
> interact with ovirt database. That's why I'm talking to you and not to
> storware guys.
>
> Is there a (safe) way to get rid of that snapshot?

If the snapshot was already removed, ovirt should detect this and
complete the operation successfully.

Please file ovirt bug for this, and attach engine and vdsm logs showing
the effected snapshot and disk snapshot id.

You can get find the snapshot id is the UI. You can see the disk snapshot
id in vm > snapshots > disks > disk id

Then grep engine and vdsm log for the disk id an attach all the logs
mentioning this disk id.

It will be also useful to get a database dump so we can see what engine
knows about this snapshot.

Benny, can  you recommend some queries to extract relevant info?

Nir