Il giorno mar 6 lug 2021 alle ore 13:03 Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> ha
scritto:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 1:11 PM Nathanaƫl Blanchet <blanc...@abes.fr>
> wrote:
> > We are installing UPS powerchute client on hypervisors.
> >
> > What is the default vms behaviour of running vms when an hypervisor is
> > ordered to shutdown: do the vms live migrate or do they shutdown
> > properly (even the restart on an other host because of HA) ?
>
> In general VMs are not restarted after an unexpected shutdown, but HA VMs
> are restarted after failures.
>
> If the HA VM has a lease, it can restart safely on another host regardless
> of
> the original host status. If the HA VM does not have a lease, the system
> must
> wait until the original host is up again to check if the VM is still
> running on this
> host.
>
> Arik can add more details on this.

I think the question is not related to what happens after the host is back.
I think the question is what happens when the host goes down.
To me, the right way to shutdown a host is putting it first to maintenance
(VM evacuate to other hosts) and then shutdown.
On emergency shutdown without moving the host to maintenance first I think
libvirt is communicating the host is going down to the guests and tries to
cleanly shutdown vms while the host is going down.
Arik please confirm :-)

> Nir

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.
<https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1199578>*