Il giorno mar 6 lug 2021 alle ore 17:33 Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> ha
scritto:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 5:58 PM Scott Worthington
> <scott.c.worthing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 8:13 AM Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> is

> VMs

> regardless of
> system must

> back.
> maintenance (VM evacuate to other hosts) and then shutdown.
> >>

> >> Right, but the we don't have integration with the UPS, so engine cannot
> put the host
> >> to maintenance when the host lose power and the UPS will shut it down
> after
> >> few minutes.
> >

> > This is outside of the scope of oVirt team:
> >
> > Perhaps one could combine multiple applications ( NUT + Ansible +
> Nagios/Zabbix ) to notify the oVirt engine to switch a host to maintenance?
> >
> > NUT[0] could be configured to alert a monitoring system ( like Nagios or
> Zabbix) to trigger an Ansible playbook [1][2] to put the host in
> maintenance mode, and the trigger should happen before the UPS battery is
> depleted (you'll have to account for the time it takes to live migrate VMs).
>
> I would trigger this once power is lost. You never know how much time
> migration will take, so best migrate all vms immediately.
>
> It would be nice to integrate this with engine, but we can start by
> something
> like you describe, that will use engine API/SDK to prepare the hosts for
> graceful shutdown.

we already have a role for immediate shutdown of the whole datacenter:
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible-shutdown-env
now integrated in ansible collection
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible-collection/tree/master/roles/shutdown_env

--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.
<https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1199578>*