On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 12:55 PM Shantur Rathore <shantur.rath...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have multiple storage domains in my DC. One is backed up that has
> templates and another one which isn't backed up and I want to use it for VM
> instances of the template.
>
> I cannot find an option to create the VM from a template and use a storage
> domain other than where the template is stored.
>
> Is it even possible?

Assuming you're asking about the administration portal, it depends on the
selected allocation policy (which you can find in the Resource Allocation
tab of the add-VM dialog):
- If it is set to 'Clone' then you can select any other storage domain that
is available in the DC to clone the template's disk to
- If it is set to 'Thin' then a VM disk must reside on a storage domain
that contains the template's disk it is based on. You can copy the
template's disk(s) to another storage domain if you want a VM disk to be
created there