will enable Hugepages on the Hypervisors without needing downtime for the DB in
the VM.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 16:46, ‪‪‪tommy‬<sz_cui...@163.com> wrote:   My
virtual machine environment is advised by Oracle to use traditional huge pages
and turn off transparent huge pages.
At the same time, I have three choices on the KVM server: first, use the
transparent huge page as the system default; second, use the traditional huge
page as the VIRTUAL machine; third, disable the transparent huge page without
activating the traditional huge page.
I'd like to know if there is a recommendation order for these three plans?
Because I feel that the amount of memory managed and used by the phisical
machine is much larger than that of the virtrual machine, if large pages are
not enabled on physical machines, will it be effective to enable large pages on
virtual machines?
Even it's possible to set traditional huge pages on virtual machines on this
condation, but I'm not sure it will work as expected.

发自我的华为手机

-------- 原始邮件 --------
发件人: Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com>
日期: 2021年10月3日周日 17:05
收件人: sz_cui...@163.com, Strahil Nikolov via Users <users@ovirt.org>
抄送: Simon Coter <simon.co...@oracle.com>
主 题: Re: [ovirt-users]Re: 回复:Re: 回复: Re: About the vm memory limit

For 4.3 - yes. This is due to the issues in 4.3Once you move to 4.4 , you
should be able to enable HugePages (not THP) on the Hypervisors without
troubles.
I assume that your workload is 'in production' and stability (no downtime) is
more important that some performance gain from HugePages on the Hypervisors.
@Simon,
any hints when OLVM 4.4 will be released ?
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov