Hello

Sorry for the late reply, work has been crazy.

This doesnt seem to work as advertised, or I am still not getting it.
Either way I would really appreciate some help and guidance.

Steps I have attempted:
1. Create and configure VM as I want it to be (disk, partitioning, etc).
2. Shutdown the vm, create a template from it.

Cloning manually:
Cloning fails with this message:
Error while executing action:
clone00.domain.tld:

   - Cannot add VM. One or more provided storage domains are either not in
   active status or of an illegal type for the requested operation.

I cant modify the storage allocation, and the disk its attempting to use is
the disk of the source VM.

Manual template install:
Choosing to install manually with a template requires me to add a new disk,
and to boot off the CD (defined in the template) and manually set things
up. This I do not wish to do, because I would rather automate.

Cloning with ansible, defining the cloud-init script and using the template:
VM is successfully created, but logging in with remote-viewer drops me into
the installation process (setting up from the attached ISO). Which is also
not desired.

Please help me with what I am doing wrong.
Again the goal is to have the vm setup with its own credentials.

--

cordially yours,

Sina Owolabi

+2348176469061