On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 04:09:00PM +0200, Juhani Rautiainen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You are running oVirt nested inside KVM? Have you enabled nested
> virtualization in KVM? Didn't see any mention of that in the thread.
> That might explain the missing svm flag.
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/using-nested-virtualization-in-kvm/

I think so (I thought nested was always enabled on AMD), but let me check ...

This is on the host:

  $ cat /sys/module/kvm_amd/parameters/nested
  1

I believe that means yes.

Inside the guest (the oVirt node):

  $ cat /sys/module/kvm_amd/parameters/nested
  cat: /sys/module/kvm_amd/parameters/nested: No such file or directory

but I believe that's correct since we're not trying to do double
nesting with KVM.  TBH I don't care at all if the VMs run slowly (with
TCG) or even not at all.  This is just for testing.  I just want a way
to ignore the error and bring up the host.

Rich.