On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 3:35 PM Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 12:47 PM Gilboa Davara <gilb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 1:05 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Or just add an exclude in /etc/dnf/dnf.conf
> >

> > I personally added and exclusion to
> /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Stream-AppStream.repo
> > exclude=qemu*
> > It allows ovirt-4.4* repos to push a new qemu release, without letting
> CentOS stream break things...
>
> But new libvirt versions may require a newer qemu version, and oVirt itself
> may require a new libvirt version.
>
> These kind of excludes are fragile and need constant maintenance.
>
> Nir

The previous poster proposed a global qemu exclusion.
I propose a partial qemu exclusion (on centos-streams only), with the
assumption that ovirt-required qemu will be pushed directly via the ovirt
repo.
In both cases, this is a temporary measure needed to avoid using the broken
qemu pushed by streams.
In both cases libvirt update from appstreams will get blocked - assuming it
requires the broken qemu release.

Do you advise we simply --exclude=qemu* everything we run dnf? I would
imagine it's far more dangerous and will block libvirt update just as well.

... Unless I'm missing something?
- Gilboa