-----Eredeti üzenet-----

Feladó: Yedidyah <d...@redhat.com>
Címzett: Demeter <tdeme...@itsmart.hu>
Másolat: users <users@ovirt.org>
Dátum: 2022. március 16., szerda 15:08 CET
Tantárgy: Re: [ovirt-users] Replace storage behind ovirt engine

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 1:39 PM Demeter Tibor <tdeme...@itsmart.hu> wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> I have to upgrade our hyperconverged ovirt system from 4.3 to 4.4, but
> meanwhile I would like to change the storage backend under the engine. At
> this moment it is a gluster based clustered fs, but I don't really like
> it.... I would like to change to a hardver based iscsi storage.
> I just wondering, when I do the engine reinstall, I will install it to an
> other storage.
> Is it possible somehow?

The "canonical" way is:
1. On current engine machine: engine-backup --file=f1
2. (Re)Install a new host (with 4.4?), copy there f1, and:
hosted-engine --deploy --restore-from-file=f1

This only handles your engine VM, not others. The new engine (with its
hosted_storage on the new iscsi storage) will need access to the
existing gluster storage holding the other VMs, if you plan to somehow
import/migrate/whatever them. If unsure how to continue, perhaps
clarify your plan with more details.

Good luck,
--
Didi