glustereventad will notify the engine when something changes - like a new
volume is created from the cli (or bad things happened ;) ), so it should be
running.
 You can use the workaround from the github issue and reatart the
glustereventsd service.
For the vdsm, you can always run '/usr/libexec/vdsm/vdsmd_init_common.sh
--pre-start' which is executed by the vdsmd.service before every start
(ExecStartPre stanza) and see if it complains about something.

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 11:12, Jiří Sléžka<jiri.sle...@slu.cz> wrote:   On
7/11/22 16:22, Jiří Sléžka wrote:
> On 7/11/22 15:57, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
>> Can you check for AVC denials and the error message like the described
>> in
>> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-selinux/issues/27#issue-1097225183 ?
>
> thanks for reply, there are two unrelated (qemu-kvm) avc denials logged
> (related probably to sanlock recovery)
>
> also I cannot find glustereventsd in any related log... is it really
> used by vdsm-gluster?
>
> this service runs on no hosts
>
> systemctl status glustereventsd
> ● glustereventsd.service - Gluster Events Notifier
>     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/glustereventsd.service;
> disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
>     Active: inactive (dead)

it looks like root of the problem is that Gluster service is disabled in
cluster settings and cannot be enabled. But it was enabled before...
also I have to manually install vdsm-gluster when I (re)install new
host, but bricks from this host are in unknown state in admin. Maybe
vdsm-gluster is not correctly configured? Maybe glustereventsd is not
running? I am just guessing...

I have no access to other HCI installation so I cannot compare differences.

I would be really happy if someone could tell me what circumstances
could disable Gluster service checkbox in admin and how to enable it
again...

Cheers,

Jiri