Christopher Law <ch...@chrislaw.me> writes:

> Anyone explain why I can't export a Virtual Machine with a TPM? Is
> this something to do with the TPM data? I'm exporting the VM to some
> cold storage. What's the deal here how can I export it and keep the
> TPM data or do I have to disable TPM on it first?
>
> oVirt Error message when trying to export a VM to a Data Domain that has a
> TPM.
> Export VM Failed
> Cannot add VM. TPM device is required by the guest OS

Hi,

it is a Windows VM, right?  It is a bug, I filed
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/issues/702 .  The export should
work.

A workaround could be temporarily switching the VM operating system in
the VM properties to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 before exporting but I'm
not sure it won't change some other VM properties, be careful if you
attempt it.

Regards,
Milan