On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 5:43 PM destfinal--- via Users <users@ovirt.org>
wrote:

> Thanks for taking time for responding, @arik.
>
> "you didn't elaborate on what doesn't work for you using Ansible" - I have
> no issues creating a template using ansible. I have not raised an ansible
> issue in particular.
>
> "I suppose the ability to export a template as an OVA is missing, right?"
> - Not exactly.
>
> My requirement is to make a template available from one ovirt cluster to
> another ovirt cluster that are not connected. I have elaborated how I am
> doing it currently (which is highly manual).
>
> " export the VM to an OVA" - I do this using the ovirt_termplate ansible
> module. However, you can do this only to a hosted storage within the
> cluster.
>
> "4. import the OVA as a template (see "Import external ova template" in the
> documentation of ovirt_template_module)" - I have been using the
> 'ovirt_template' ansible module for the past couple of months. I have not
> figured out how I could import an OVA template from a node. For example, if
> I manage to copy the template to one of the cluster nodes (say,
> node2.my.ovirt.cluster:/tmp/ova_template/my_template.ova), I could not work
> out hos to import this OVA into my cluster. Do you have some sample code,
> if this is easy enough?

ah you're having an issue with importing the produced OVA as a template on
the target environment,ok
did you try to run the code snippet from the documentation of the
ovirt_template module:

- name: Import external ova template  ovirt.ovirt.ovirt_template:
cluster: <target cluster>    name: <new name>    state: present
timeout: 1800    poll_interval: 30    kvm:      host: <host on the
target environment>      url: ova:///tmp/test.ova      storage_domain:
<target storage domain>

?