If this is a new install from scratch, I would recommend a CentOS Stream 9
based deployment and dedicate a host to the oVirt Engine or on a VM but not
using a Hosted Engine.

Il giorno mar 19 set 2023 alle ore 16:30 Andrea Chierici <
andrea.chier...@cnaf.infn.it> ha scritto:

> Dear all,
> I've been struggling with a new ovirt installation for several weeks but
> I seem to have no luck at all.
> I've tried both starting from a centos8 stream system and a ovirt-node,
> but the engine installation always breaks here:
>
> TASK [ovirt.ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Wait for the host to be up]
>
> I keep getting the same problem, it looks like the engine is not
> "migrated" to the public ip and is stuck on the natted address that the
> installation process is using during the preliminary phase.
> Here is a message that seems to confirm my theory:
>
> 2023-09-19 15:43:29,259+0200 DEBUG
> otopi.ovirt_hosted_engine_setup.ansible_utils
> ansible_utils._process_output:109 {'msg': "The task includes an option
> with an undefined variable. The error was: 'local_vm_ip' is
> undefined\n\nThe error appears to be in
> '/usr/share/ansible/collections/ansible_collections/ovirt/ovirt/roles/hosted_engine_setup/tasks/sync_on_engine_machine.yml':
>
> line 2, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the
> exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n---\n-
> name: Set the name for add_host\n  ^ here\n", '_ansible_no_log': False}
> 2
>
> I know the problem the development of ovirt is facing lately, but I am
> simply wondering: is there a way to install ovirt 4.5.4 today or is it
> all already lost??!
>
> Any kind of help would be really appreciated.
> Thanks,
>
> Andrea
>
> --
> Andrea Chierici - INFN-CNAF
> Viale Berti Pichat 6/2, 40127 BOLOGNA
> Office Tel: +39 051 2095463
> SkypeID ataruz
> --

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING

Red Hat In-Vehicle Operating System

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.*