This saga is finally over, at least for now.  I never succeeded in restoring
our hosted engine to a new iSCSI storage domain.  For one reason or another,
however, I was able to restore it to a new NFS storage domain.

Any advice on the benefits or downsides of using an NFS storage domain versus
iSCSI for the self hosted engine would be greatly appreciated.  At least for
now, however, things seem to be stable.

Just incase helps anyone else, here's a rough outline of the procedure I
finally used.
- set the cluster into global maintenance mode
- backup the engine using "engine-backup --scope=all --mode=backup
--file=backup.bck --log=backuplog.log"
- shutdown the engine
- restore the engine using "hosted-engine --deploy --4
--restore-from-file=backup.bck"
- when the restore pauses waiting for the lock file to be removed, scp
backup.bck to the new engine VM.
- ssh into the new VM, and restore the DBs using:
        - engine-backup --mode=restore --file=backup.bck
--provision-all-databases --scope=db
        - engine-backup --mode=restore --file=backup.bck
--provision-all-databases --scope=dwhdb
        - engine-backup --mode=restore --file=backup.bck
--provision-all-databases --scope=grafanadb
- delete the lock file, and proceed as usual

Without manual intervention, the Postgres db on the new engine VM was never
initialized or setup.

Thanks again for everyones attention and advice.

Sincerely,
Devin