Hi,

> Am 19.09.2016 um 15:52 schrieb abogda...@accusoft.com:
>
> But why then Acrobat DC renders those fields correctly in the same document?
> By going back to merging, is there a way to tell that document was merged
> from other documents or not? Does PDFBox treat them differently?

would it be possible to upload pdf before and after merging to take a look?

Acrobat treates annotations which also have a Widget entry in their dictionary
as form fields although there is no AcroForm entry. If that is really the case
here that would be a potential improvement to PDFBox to behave the same. It's
long ago that I've seen such a document still being used tough.

BR
Maruan