Am 19.09.2016 um 15:52 schrieb abogda...@accusoft.com:
But why then Acrobat DC renders those fields correctly in the same document?

These are a special type of annotations, so I'd expect Adobe to keep their values.

By going back to merging, is there a way to tell that document was merged from
other documents or not? Does PDFBox treat them differently?

No. One could guess by looking at many details, to see if there's a style change.

Tilman

On 2016-09-16 18:54 (+0300), Tilman Hausherr <thaush...@t-online.de> wrote:
Am 16.09.2016 um 17:04 schrieb Andrew Bogdanov:
Hi. I'm trying to retrieve an Acroform data of the PDF by using this code:

COSArray fields =
(COSArray)this.acroForm.getDictionaryObject(COSName.getPDFName("Fields"));

As a result I have got empty array, but this doc for sure have may
filed inside, if I open this doc through the console using

java -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.2.jsr PDFReader document_name.pdf
I am able to see all fields, please see attach

I noticed that such behavior is always happening when I'm trying to
open document that was merged from several documents in Acrobat DC

What you saw are widget annotations. But your acroform array is indeed
empty, so you have no fields. So go back to the last step, i.e. the merging.

Tilman