Von: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:thaush...@t-online.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Juli 2017 17:08
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Splitter.createNewDocument() always uses main memory only - this
leads to out of memory when splitting large documents

Hi,

No, I did the setter/getter solution which is what you wrote.

Re PDFSplit command line - is this a problem that actually happened to you or
just an idea?  If I start putting a memory option there I may have to put it in
every tool :-(

Tilman

Am 14.07.2017 um 10:39 schrieb d.ham...@aurenz.de:
> Hi Tilman,
>
> I used a decompiler to have a look at the sources.
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to set Splitter() deprecated
>
>              @deprecated
>              public Splitter() {}
>
>              public Splitter(MemoryUsageSetting memoryUsageSetting) {
>               this.memoryUsageSetting = memoryUsageSetting;
>              }
>

> to point people to the improvement before they fall into the out of memory
> hole themselves.
>

> Please add a program argument to PDFSplit.split() like so:

[...]