Thanks Maruan and Tillman,

The solution was in Tillman's referenced Jira issue:

In the comments, there was a comment that "if you add spaces it will work"

-My test string of 2,000 characters did not have any spaces (dumb mistake
on my part).
After adding spaces, the text correctly wraps.

Thanks very much guys for your response pointing me to a solution!

Shawn