I would expect what you have described however it doesn't seem to be the case.

delete/recreate mobile address:

qdmanage -b amqp://localhost:10501 delete --type=address --name
haProxy.queue.addr
qdmanage -b amqp://localhost:10501 create --type=address prefix=haProxy.queue
waypoint=true name=haProxy.queue.addr

The stats remain at a positive value (10 10). If I restart the dispatchers
without the inter-router connection, I don't have the issue.

Router Addresses
  class   addr                             phs  distrib    in-proc  local
remote  cntnr  in  out  thru  to-proc  from-proc

  mobile  haProxy.queue          1    balanced   0           0          0
   0        0    0      0         0           0
  mobile  haProxy.queue          0    balanced   0           1          0
   0       10  10     0        0            0

Adel