Hi,

I have a setup on my laptop (Lenovo W541, core i7 @2.8GHz, 16Gb) and I can run:
 1. single router 0.8.x; 4 worker threads
 2. a qpid-proton C++ simple-send sender; message body is string "abc"
 3. a amqpdotnet client running under mono, initial-credit 250

Sending to address { prefix: q1-multicast, distribution: multicast } : 40,000
m/sec
Sending to address { prefix: q1-balanced,  distribution: balanced  } : 61,000
m/sec
Sending to address { prefix: q1-closest,   distribution: closest   } : 61,000
m/sec

The setup gets *relative* performance numbers while I fiddle with the code.

HTH,
Chuck