Hi,

I work on the Eclipse Hono project, where we use the qpid router.

In a specific situation, I am not sure about the expected behavior and hope
you can help me out.

In our default/example setup there is a qpid router in front of a Artemis
broker and a client, which opens a receiver link to qpid (and qpid creates
a link to Artemis for this address).

Initially all works as expected and messages, wich are send to the Artemis
address are received by the receiver.

When the broker is killed, the qpid sends a detach with closed=false (on
this I would assume that also a detach with closed=false should be send
back from the receiver).

If now, the broker is started again, the receiver gets no attach frame and
does not receive messages. (It gets an attach and receive messages, if it
is also restarted.)

My expectation was, that qpid would establish the link with the broker and
send an attach frame to the receiver.

Is the expected behavior from the receiver, that after a detach with
closed=false it need to close and try to open until the Broker is available
again?

Marc