On 31/01/18 15:47, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
The consumer is currently simply opening a receiver link (attach with no
specific capabilities nor options) to the router, which then opens a link to
the broker, I assume.

In which case the distinction between close=true and close=false is not relevant as the link is closed on detach regardless.

What would I need to do in order to create a "durable" subscription? There is
no standard way defined in AMQP 1.0 for doing this, is there?

You set the the durable property of the source to true and specify an expiry-policy of 'never'.

If this is an Artemis specific feature, is there some documentation available?

My assumption is that, if I had created a durable link/subscription, that once my
consumer has re-attached after the detach (close=false) had been received, then the
broker will deliver all messages that have been put to the broker while the consumer was
"detached" instead of just receiving new messages over the re-established link,
right?

Right.