I believe you could think like that like mx and spark, but probably going
deeper it can be a bit more.

I see this like that - If you jump and learn emulation components and how
to create and make them visible for your needs - You earn deeper knowledge
what is behind the stage. You will gain the power of changing those
components to your needs.

And the most important more of your code won't need as much changes.

However Jewel only approach is definitely also has partially that
advantage, cause Carlos probably saves some code from his old app and uses
in new one.

Let's see what he can tell us about Jewel. ;)

Piotr