Hi,

I think that's the problem.
ArrayList and ArrayListView are collection classes that throw
"CollectionEvent" events (check the Collection library code for that
classes).
You're doing changes using bracket notation instead to call the collection
"addItem"or "itemupdated" function that will throw the CollectionEvent
ITEM_ADDED or ITEM_UPDATED. doing that way the collection can't react. For
that reason Jewel use ArrayList as the default collection class instead
Array based data.
so the "dataChange" event is never fired in the item renderer is never
fired and the renderer is not updated.

HTH

Carlos

--