Hi,

primary themes has the primary and default colors
secondary themes has only secondary styles for components that use that
since not all use secondary
emphasized themes are the same as secondary but for emphasized. Even less
components use it.

So, using Jewel theme you have all in one, but you need to configure SASS
variables and recompile or you just get the default configuration
(Blue+Topaz+Emerald). So to avoid the need for compilation we created all
combinations to mix 3 themes. That's 144 project for themes, so you can
choose the 3 you want.

As Bill says for some components you need to configure emphasis property to
"primary", "secondary" or "emphasized".

HTH

--
Carlos Rovira