On 18/8/2023 12:54 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I don't think that "--with-rtems" is a valid command line option to
> use. I guess RSB should be a little more noisy about unknown command
> line options.

The --with-* and --without-* options align to the autoconf type options where
users can override some defaults. The reason the RSB cannot say anything is it
does not know what is needed or used.

The --with-*/--without-* options define a specific type of macro the config
scripts can use to key specific functionality around. The RSB python code which
handles the command line and reports any errors does not know all the config
logic paths in advance so it cannot say if a value is needed or right. This is
also the reason a generic approach is being used rather than being able to
specify specific options for specific purposes.

Resolving the issue might be possible with a lot of work and it would require a
number of changes in a few places based around some form of a config definition
of the with and without options.

Chris