On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 12:13 PM Brett Sterling
<brett.sterl...@odysseysr.com> wrote:

> First off, I want to thank everyone for the fast replies.  Second, I want to
> apologize for the delay responding to the questions - I plan to do better
> going forward.
>
> Here are the responses to the various questions below.  If you'd rather I
> interlace them in the responses, I'm glad to do so (but didn't want it to get
> too messy :-)).
>
> None of the RTEMS tools are in my path - we specify locations when doing
> builds (i.e. would like to specify this as a parameter to the build)
> My tools (e.g. sparc-rtems6-gcc) are located at:
> $HOME/src/Toolchains/osr_rtems_6_sparc/bin

You can add the tools path using:

--rtems-tools=$HOME/src/Toolchains/osr_rtems_6_sparc

If that doesn't work, would it be possible to add
"$HOME/src/Toolchains/osr_rtems_6_sparc/bin" into your path using
`export` temporarily just to check if that works?

> My kernel is at:
> $HOME/src/rtems-development/rtems-hello-world/build/sparc-rtems6-erc32/kernel
> I'm trying to build for sparc on RTEMS 6 (probably obvious from the previous
> pieces of information)
> I'm building on a linux host (cross-building for sparc)
> I'm using the sparc-rtems6-sis (i.e. the sparc simulator) to test the build
> With the workaround for issue with the 'Quick Start' process, I can run the
> "Hello World" example (from the "Quick Start").  Is this what was being
> referred to with the question "Can you run hello world?", or is there another
> "hello world" that I should try?
Great. The RTEMS tools are correctly built then, the issue seems to be
coming from the command line options.

You can also use the `--help` option to see all the options with a
brief description with sb-set-builder
`../source-builder/sb-set-builder --help`

> Per the question "Can you build the rtems-examples from that repository?",
> can someone clarify which 'repository' that's referring to?  Regardless, the
> answer is "I haven't tried, but I'm glad to give it a shot if there is
> information somewhere about how to do this".

`rtems-examples` is a separate repository where we have some example
applications that can be used as a reference or starting point for
user application development. Please refer to the following
repository:
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-examples/

Best regards,
Vijay