Good Day,

I'm attempting to build a toolchain on Windows 11. I've followed the quickstart
guide for 5.3 as well as 6 and run into build errors each time. I began with
MSYS2 and ran into this issue:

https://www.mail-archive.com/users@rtems.org/msg03627.html

I implemented the work around but it throws an error with arg7nxwm1.

Attempting to compile 6 using the quick start guide for a Windows host in
MSYS2's MinGW64 errors because fnmatch.h is not found. It looks like its
available in gnulib, which seems to be part of gdb, but this error is thrown
during the compilation of dtc.

I tried moving to WSL2 and installing Ubuntu to get a true POSIX environment.

5.3 won't compile GDB - it says "no libraries passed to compiler". So I tried
compiling 6 and it freezes during the gcc build.

I've gone down a couple different avenue's trying to get a working toolchain
over the last few weeks. At this point, I feel as though I need some advice on
whether to stick with MSYS2 and try to get that working or continue with WSL2.
The same for the version, should I continue to try to get version 6 to work? If
that's the case, what is my next step? There don't seem to be any packages
readily available in MSYS2 that include fnmatch.h. And with build errors
frequently occurring, is there updated documentation to assist with getting
started?

Thanks,

Chris Thomas