i updated the getting started page to link to launchpad-8...

besides this: it think there is no "automatic" way to detect missing
dependencies. best way is to look at a well-maintained example to see what deps
are included. if you have a problem with a specific bundle start sling
launchpad, and look in detail view of the osgi bundle in the web console. there
you can see which packages are imported from other bundles, and from which
bundles in which version.

besides this the provisioning files of the launchpad gives an good overview
what bundles are deployed:
https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/launchpad/builder/src/main/provisioning

stefan