lancedolan wrote
> I must know what determines the duration of this revision catch-up time

While I don't know where to look in src code to answer this, I did run a
very revealing experiment.

It pretty much always takes 1 second exactly for a Sling instance to get the
latest revision, and thus the latest data. When not 1 second, it takes 2
seconds exactly. If you increase load on the server, the likelihood of
taking 2 seconds increases, and you also begin to see it take exactly 3
seconds in some rare cases. Increasing load increases the number of seconds
before a "sync," however it's always near-exactly a second interval.

It seems impossible for this to be a natural coincidence - I smell a setting
somewhere (or perhaps hardcode value) which is telling Sling to check the
latest JCR revision on 1 second intervals. When that window can't be hit, it
checks on the next second interval, and so on.

Is there a Sling dev who can tell me whether this is configurable? I have a
load of questions about this discovery:

- Am I wrong? (I'll be shocked)
- Perhaps we can speed it up?
- What event is causing it to "miss the window" and wait until the next 1
second synch interval?
- If we do decrease the interval, will that just increase the likelihood of
taking more intervals anyhow?
- Is there a maximum number of 1 second intervals before the things just
gets the latest??

progress.