Hi,

I had a couple of basic questions relating to an OSGi bundle I'm building and
installing using the Sling maven plugin.

1.) Are there cases where I would need to shut down and restart Sling in order
for an updated version of the bundle to be functional.  What I'm seeing today
is that I make a few code changes, do a "mvn clean install sling:install",
observe that the bundle gets installed, but when I make use of a servlet that
the bundle provides, I get the pre-update behavior.  I did a cursory scan of
the logs and didn't see anything unusual.  If I kill Sling and restart it, then
the servlet behaves as expected.  Is this expected?  Do I need to do something
special for the change to be picked up; for example, do I need to fiddle a
version number?

2.) The bundle defines some custom node types in a CND file.  I needed to
change a node type to add the mix:versionable mixin, but after reinstalling
(and I believe even restarting Sling), newly created nodes didn't have the
mixin type.  If I installed the bundle into a brand new repository, then those
nodes would be created with the mixin type.  Again, is there something I need
to do to effect a change in a node type definition that doesn't involve drastic
measures?

Thank you for any help you can provide!  If there's particularly relevant
documentation in Sling or elsewhere that clarifies these things, let me know as
I'm happy to RTFM and post fewer questions :)

John