From: Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 1:13:02 AM
To: users@sling.apache.org
Subject: Re: Directing Sling job logging output to separate files?

Hi John,

On Fri, 2017-09-08 at 05:28 +0000, John Logan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using the Sling job manager to handle some long running tasks,
> and would like to direct the log output for each job to its own file
> at a job-specific path.  Is there a straightforward way to achieve
> this?

If your jobs use separate loggers, you can achieve that either by:

- manually creating loggers and appenders via http://localhost:8080/sys
tem/console/slinglog/
- adding specific loggers/appenders to the provisioning model

There might be a way of adding those at runtime using the logback APIs,
but I haven't tried it before.

Robert