an XML schema is useful to drive a certain XML content structure with XML
Element names that have a hierarchy and a certain set of properties.

this is usually not the case for filevault XML content where the element names
are mostly completely arbitrary (derived from the content structure in the
repository), and there are only a few system properties using namespaces like
sling and jcr. it's not possible to derive from the XML element name which
properties can apply to it, and thus in my POV an XML schema cannot help much
here.

stefan