This looks quite interesting but I have a couple of questions. 1. From a security standpoint, which is more secure, using Outlook client with SOGo or using Thunderbird client? Will desktop users be more exposed to virus and security exploits using Outlook or Thunderbird?

2. Will SOGo work with different versions of Outlook at the same time? For example, can one user be running Outlook from Office 2003 and another from Office 2010?

Thanks!

Ludovic Marcotte wrote:
 Hello,

Here's a video demonstrating our SOGo backend connector for OpenChange (emails + contacts) :

http://inverse.ca/downloads/tmp/openchange.mov

This give _native_ connectivity of Microsoft Outlook clients to SOGo. Our backend connector reuses all SOGo's business logic (ie., libraries) so the underlying data SOGo handles (LDAP server, database server and IMAP server) is exposed to Microsoft Outlook.

We'll now focus on finishing a small PoC by integrating the calendars part and make this available together with documentation to get it running (Samba4, OpenChange and our backend connector are required components).

Regards,

--
*Bob Wooldridge**/
/*