* Wolfgang Sourdeau <users@sogo.nu>:
> Le 11-02-18 08:49, Michael Crilly a écrit :
> >I do know Objective-C, but I'm not delving into the guts of that beast ;)
> >
> Even though your concerns are legimitate, I must specify that to
> SOGo's defense, the problems you mention are not SOGo's fault:
> - initially, what counts is that the file be in "property list".
> Some versions of GNUstep convert automatically this from OpenStep
> format into XML, but there is nothing we can do about it. You could
> try to convert it back to the OpenStep property list format...
> - again, the fact that SOGo will wipe your configuration file is a
> bug in the GNUstep code.
>
> Overal, I think the idea of a structured file-format is a good one.
> Perhaps the missing step to "UNIX-compliance"  would be to enable
> the use of a conf file in the /etc/ hierarchy. This would be quite
> easy to do and you just need to ask ;)

Dropping the Defaults dependency and going for a UNIX type FHS
<http://www.pathname.com/fhs/> path compliant conf file would be a dream come
true. So here is a huge ask:

   AAAAAAAA        SSSSSSSS         K       K
   A      A        S                K      K
   A      A        S                K     K
   A      A        S                K    K
   AAAAAAAA        SSSSSSSS         K K K
   A      A               S         K    K
   A      A               S         K     K
   A      A               S         K      K
   A      A        SSSSSSSS         K       K

p@rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666