Hi Francis,

I did as you suggested and looked at the traffic on port 20000.  A free-busy
query from Lightning showed traffic, but a free-busy lookup from iCal produced
no traffic!  So I started again - removed all my iCal prefs, plists, etc.  Then
when I re-added my SOGo account, I noticed a message in the preferences pane:

"The server where this account is located doesn't allow you to see
availability"

Googling this was not much help.

This looks like a permission problem, but I _can_ do availability searches with
Lightning and the SOGo web interface.

So maybe it's a configuration problem on the server?  It's possible that I've
done something stupid.  My thinking is that it's probably the web server. I've
read elsewhere that iCal might need some special Alias or Proxy or WO entry?

Cheers,

Bill