Hello,

Here's a quick status regarding SOGo v2.0.0.

This is what has been done since beta 1 was released:

  1. Fixed the bug when selecting email recipients in the Global
     Address List (GAL) which was resulting in email delivery failures.
     That means the GAL is now fully functional for emails and event
     invitations
  2. Fixed the bug where Outlook was crashing when searching for
     addresses in the GAL
  3. Updated to Samba 4 alpha 17 (from alpha 15)

Regarding what needs to be done for beta 2 regarding Outlook compatibility, please see: http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/roadmap_page.php (SOGo Native Outlook Compatibility - Roadmap). As soon as those bugs (4) are fixed, we'll release beta 2 with updated documentation and a new ZEG.

Also, if anyone would volunteer some help regarding packaging Samba 4 and OpenChange for RHEL (v5 and v6), Debian (Lenny and Squeeze) and Ubuntu (Lucid, Maverick, Natty and Oneiric), it would be very much appreciated. Please contact me directly if you want to help.

We are also very busy integrating the Python bindings in the SOGo v2.0.0 branch. It *might* be part of beta 2, but not in packages.

Regards,

--
Ludovic Marcotte
lmarco...@inverse.ca  ::  +1.514.755.3630  ::  www.inverse.ca