While I am able to get Sogo + openchange +outlook working for simple usernames
of plain text, my setup is configured to use usern...@domain.tld. I can never
get openchange/samba to accept users logging in in this format however. The
messages I receive from debug are:

Got user=[usern...@domain.tld] domain=[] workstation=[MAIN] len1=24 len2=24
auth_check_password_send: Checking password for unmapped user
[]\[usern...@domain.tld]@[MAIN]
map_user_info: Mapping user []\[usern...@domain.tld] from workstation [MAIN]
auth_check_password_send: mapped user is: [domain.tld]\[username]@[MAIN]
auth_get_challenge: returning previous challenge by module NTLMSSP callback
(NTLM2) (normal)
[0000] 4E B2 1D B6 D6 FF DF DF                            N.......
sam_search_user: Couldn't find user [username] in samdb, under
DC=openchange,DC=local
auth_check_password_recv: sam_ignoredomain authentication for user
[domain.tld\username] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
GENSEC mech rejected the incoming authentication at bind_auth3:
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
mapiproxy::mapiproxy_op_ndr_pull
User is not authenticated, cannot process
../source4/rpc_server/dcerpc_server.c:949: Unknown RPC call 0 on exchange_ds_rfr
Terminating connection - 'NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET'
imessaging: cleaning up /var/lib/samba4/private/smbd.tmp/msg/msg.0:0.76
single_terminate: reason[NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET]
mapiproxy::mapiproxy_op_unbind
dcesrv_exchange_nsp_unbind
dcesrv_exchange_emsmdb_unbind
Terminating connection - 'NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED'

I tried editing the ldb file so that the username was domain.tld\username but
it would never allow the \. Has anyone else encountered and solved this problem?

Thanks,
-Eric