Hi Christian,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I did not do any difference.
Seems I have to setup a test environment, cause I can't "afford" to do
further tests on my live system.
I am really surprised that adding an index can cause such a problem.
Seems my lack of understanding of the inner mechanics of openldap stands
in the way of me finding a solution. ;)

I hope, someone will come up with an idea. Within the next months I
won't have time for further and time expensive testing.

Bye
Georg