Hi Ludovic,

> On 11/08/12 16:27, Dominique Dominique wrote:
>>
>> Let's be honest, the RTFM answer is a bit dry, but you're right we should
>> pay closer attention to it.
>>
> It's not dry, it's a fact. The documentation is there and we spend a great
> time writing it. If you think it can be improved, send improvements directly.
And I love reading your manual, don't get me wrong.

>> A good idea would be to identify clearly the changes in the manual - when an
>> option is being introduced or modified or when it has been deprecated and/or
>> replaced. That would make reading the manual more user friendly, update
>> after update.
> We already mention new options when we make a release. Mentioning that over
> and over in the doc would clutter it.
I know you do. But adding a pointer saying added or removed in version xxx
would not clutter the document and make it easier to users to figure out why
some options do not work anymore or since when it has been introduced, since
the manual only refers to the last version. Many users jump versions when
upgrading.

>> I saw that part in recent version of the documentation, but It's less than
>> obvious to derive from those pages that you have to create those two fields
>> in the SQL table to be able to use the functionality. Furthermore the
>> authentication table is provided by the application itself, so one could
>> expect the columns to be already present - or to be part of the upgrade
>> process as other table/columns are added/modified.
> You're wrong. The authentication table is not provided by SOGo at all.
My bad. Isn't the sogo_view table a part of the program? It is actually
mentioned page 27.

>> In the documentation mentioned, several other fields are also optional -
>> should they also be added to the same table?
> If they are mentioned as optional, why should they be added?
Optional does not mean they could not be added, just not used. But that's how I
read it. And including them directly with their definition (type and length)
would help my limited and tired brain see the relation more easily with the
manual. Furthermore, not all fields mentioned have a use in the table.

Have a nice Sunday.

Dominique--