Glad I could help, will this be fixed in 2.0.4? Or is it already fixed in the current codebase (git clone...)?

Thanks
John

Am 23.01.2013 00:50, schrieb Jean Raby:
On 13-01-18 1:41 PM, John Bieling wrote:
I investigated the problem further. I dumped the output of netstat
before and after I restarted sogo. Before the restart (running 12 h) I
had 280 conns (steadily increasing all day), after the restart I was
back to 40.

The diff shows that almost all of the persistent connections, which only
go away by restarting sogo are somehow *ldap* related: (VERBUNDEN =
ESTABLISHED):

< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:53381
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:51077
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:54146
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:34959
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:50318
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:51081
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:34964
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:36243
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:41362
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:36240
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:49309
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:56988
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:44452
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:44451
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:39330
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:49312
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:46261
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:47551
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:60351
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:41661
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:57017
VERBUNDEN
< tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:ldap localhost.localdo:46264
VERBUNDEN

These ldap conns are used to authenticate any sogo related http/webdav
request with the local ldap server, right? Why do they stay?

Is it possible to tell ldap to release these connections after a timeout?
Is it possible to switch to a socket-based-communictaion?

Thanks for pointing that out, there was a leak in the error path of the password checking code.

Now fixed: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/9e38c5060ab161704e86398475f36aca105d2404

Thanks for your time
John